Thursday, October 18, 2007

October 18, 2007 - Telemarketing cops

So, I just got off the phone with Philly's Police force and I am amazed at their attitudes. Here they are calling me at 6 pm asking me for money (after I pay around $1,800 a month in taxes anyways). I politely tell them I am not interested, and guess what they come back with. Is it a nice, polite: "well thank you for your time, we hope you'll be able to donate next time?" No. I get this instead:

"Well, don't you want the police to have money to be able to protect you?"

So, not only is this guy implying that I am not doing my duty as an American, but he tries to guilt me into donating by questioning my desire to have police protection. Isn't that technically extortion? Anyways, I say,

"I am sorry, I can't help you right now."

Their reply, "This city is going to the s***-hole because people like you won't donate money to help the police officers fight crime better."

Can you believe that!? This guy is actually accusing me of the 300+ murders that will happen in this city this year because I won't give him 5 bucks. Unreal. Typical east coast attitude. If you don't do it their way, right away....well then...you just aren't American. Pathetic.

So, I respond, "Don't call me again, I will never donate money to you."

Mr. Police Officer responds with a string of profanity and raised voices, so I just hang up. Unreal. Welcome to Philadelphia. There is a lot of good here (the Phillies, what a great story, and we'll get them next year), but you gotta accept the good with the bad.

No comments: