Thursday, April 3, 2008

Drudging up to finals

Thursday once again. I can't believe that in one weeks time, I will be done with Pharm. That is fun and crazy at the same time. It feels like I have been studying for this class forever, but still have so much left to do. Finals are coming up quick, with Perio on Tuesday, Pharm on Thursday and Radio on Friday. Then, Monday is Endo, Tuesday is Pedo, Wednesday is Pedo again with Anesthesia, and finally Oral Path of Thursday. So, I guess that means in two weeks, I will be done with the hard part of dental school, or so they tell me. I can't believe how much I have studied the last two weeks. I have kept telling myself that soon it will be over, and then I can relax, but that motivation is quickly wearing off.

Tomorrow we have our big denture practical. We get to rip the teeth out of the denture wax-up we have been working on for the last month and set up our teeth in a couple of hours. Fun times. I actually don't mind the waxing up as much as other people in my class. Granted, it is not my favorite thing to do [I would much rather be doing Endo (my new found love), or restorative or anything dental related other than pedo] but it is a nice break from all of the stress of finals looming. My lowest practical grade this semester was an 87 in Endo and I think a 90 in Restorative, so I am not too worried about tomorrow at all. Even if I bomb the practical, I should still be sitting well in that class.

Dang...I hear something softly whispering my name from across the room. And I have a sneaking suspicion that is my Oral Path stuff...

No comments: